Followers

About Me

My photo
NSW, Australia
I'm made it past 50! married for over half my life, have 3 kids all grown and I'm loving this part of my life.I was a nurse in my younger days but an unhealthy dose of rheumatoid arthritis put a damper on my career,so I'm at home with the internet.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

shower with a chance of babies


Nope, that is not snow. It's spider web. Yes, creepy. I shudder every time I look at it and THIS is why...........



urghh. Wagga Wagga the largest inland city in NSW has been in flood as the Murrimbidgee River rose to over 10 meters. The spiders decided they wanted out,came up out of the ground and wove webs, everywhere. Apparently they hope the wind will carry them elsewhere. Just how many spiders are there in the ground??? I'm only an hour and a half from there ,similar geography....shudder.




I thought Gemma might like a baby shower, so with a nod to her vintage wedding we organised a traditional morning tea.Mismatched cups and saucers, floral and glass cake trays, sandwiches and cake in the CWA rooms, of course.



the tags on the water bottle proclaim "OOPS..My water broke"




It was lovely, a lot of laughs from the games that Gemma's sister and mother inlaw organised and beautiful gifts for the babies who will certainly not be nekkid this winter.






I made" it's a boy" and "it's a girl" and twins banners from paper doily's , cardboard circles and baby wrapping paper cutouts. Lavender and turquoise were the colours. Turquoise is hard to find so we ended up with various shades of green, it worked.there was a lollipop garden table centrepiece and I had a go at those tissue puff balls too, youtube is a great teacher.... to a point. I wanted to make her a cake. My inspiration was this:

and this




What I made was this :





Gemma with her big belly and me with my big belly, only mine is twinless. She is 24 weeks in this pic taken last week.


I have been looking at a lot of baby forums , there is lots of advice


all the advice in the world really and reading it all brings back all the angst I had as a new mother...am I doing it right?



I was talking to a friend who works on a chook farm and when I was a child my aunt used to live and work on one and mum and dad took us out there for holidays. Holiday? we decided to help and worked our butts off.
anyhoo, I was comparing then to now, and said "ohhh that was about 25 years ago now".....then I did the numbers, CRAP,it was 40..............forty...it doesn't look any better in letters either ......... years ago. How can that be?

there are signs though.... Gemma was talking to us about not "going out" .She thinks her dad doesn't like "going out" He says he did like nightclubs but " I don't like loud music, or drunk people..... "that IS a nightclub Dad!"



3 comments:

  1. OMG, I can't believe it!! It seems like just yesterday you were getting ready for the wedding. You must be so excited!

    You both look lovely, by the way.

    And your cake is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. Ewww on the spider webs. I think if I visit I'll wait until spider season is over.

    And I'm totally with ya on the way back when thing. I can't be the only one who thinks 20 years ago was 1980. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, there's something very atmospheric about those old Johnson? cups in an old-fashioned hall!
    Love the cake you made.

    ReplyDelete

I lurve comments, if popped in ,say Hi :)